The AdultSkate Program runs in two sessions – Fall and Spring.
- Fall 2017 on Monday (12:15pm – 1:15pm) – Sep 25, 2017 to Dec 18, 2017
- Fall 2017 on Thursday (10:15am – 11:15am) – Sep 28, 2017 to Dec 21, 2017
- Spring 2018 on Monday (12:15pm – 1:15pm) – Jan 8, 2018 to May 14, 2018
- Spring 2018 on Thursday (10:15am – 11:15am) – Jan 11, 2018 to May 10, 2018
You can register for one or two classes per week in each session. Register for both classes in Spring or both classes in Fall and save 20%!
Learn to skate or sharpen your technique with two professional coaches.
The goal of this class is to teach the fundamentals of skating:
- Proper balance and form
- Skating forwards
- Skating backwards
- Using your edges to turn
More advanced techniques are also taught depending on the skill level of the participants.
All levels of adult skaters are welcome. All skaters progress at their own pace.
Participants should be 18 years or older.
- CSA Approved hockey helmets are recommended for skaters of all levels. Face masks are highly recommended for beginner skaters.
- Inline skating style knee, wrist, and elbow pads with hard plastic shells can be worn for extra protection. We recommend wearing the knee pads under your pants to prevent excessive sliding if you fall. Consider using volleyball knee pads which are made of cloth as an alternative.
- Waterproof pants and a warm jacket with gloves or mitts are recommended.
- Good quality skates figure or hockey skates are highly recommended. Consider purchasing your skates at a specialty figure skating or hockey store to get expert fitting advice and skate recommendations.
Contact the club administrator at email@example.com for more information.
Want to sign up for AdultSkate? Please visit our Registration page.