This programs is for all levels of skaters from beginners to advanced.
The AdultSkate Program runs in two sessions – Fall and Spring.
- Fall Monday (12:15pm – 1:15pm) – September to December
- Fall Thursday (10:15am – 11:15am) – September to December
- Spring Monday (12:15pm – 1:15pm) – January to May
- Spring Thursday (10:15am – 11:15am) – January to May
Register for one or two days. Register for both classes in Spring or both classes in Fall and save 20%!
The goal of this class is to teach the fundamentals of skating:
- Proper balance and form
- Skating forwards
- Skating backwards
- Using your edges to turn
More advanced techniques are also taught depending on the skill level of the participants.
- CSA Approved hockey helmets are recommended for skaters of all levels. Face masks are highly recommended for beginner skaters.
- Inline skating style knee, wrist, and elbow pads with hard plastic shells can be worn for extra protection. We recommend wearing the knee pads under your pants to prevent excessive sliding if you fall. Consider using volleyball knee pads which are made of cloth as an alternative.
- Waterproof pants and a warm jacket with gloves or mitts are recommended.
- Good quality figure or hockey skates are highly recommended. Consider purchasing your skates at a specialty figure skating or hockey store to get expert fitting advice and skate recommendations. Less expensive skates do not provide proper ankle support.
- For adult beginners, we recommend figure skates since they provide a higher level of support than hockey skates.
Contact the Club Administrator for more information.